Regular Board Meeting of the Trustees of the Kern Mosquito and Vector Control District
Board of Trustees Meeting
4705 Allen Road
August 14, 2013
1) Consent Calendar
a. Minutes Dated: July 10, 201
- b. Expenditures – July 2013
- c. Financial Statement – July 2013
- d. Revolving Fund – July 2013
- 2) Action to approve a grant (not to exceed $5,000) to help fund research to conduct a genetic
- analysis of the Aedes aegypti mosquitoes that have recently been discovered in Madera and Clovis.
- This genetic analysis will be performed by the Vector Genetics Lab at UC Davis and will help determine
- the origin of the infestation, the mode of introduction and identify important biological facts such as:
- ability to tolerate cold temperatures, insecticide resistance, and dispersal patterns to aid in surveillance
- and control efforts.
- 3) Action to revise the job description for the District’s “Foreman’s” position by reducing the number of seasons
- of experience in mosquito control (that are required to qualify for the position) from three to two seasons.
- 4) Manager’s Report:
- a. West Nile Virus Activity Report
- b. Kathie McMahon hired as District Secretary
- c. Ethics Training will be conducted after the September 11th Board Meeting
- 5) Public Comment
- 6) Board Comment
- 7) Adjournment